Shauna K. Brock
- 2011 Honorable Mention for Unpublished Novel, Shadows in the Spotlight, 53rd Annual Writing Contest, Utah Arts Council
- 2016 Hard Attack Magazine: Reviewer/Interviewer/Editor (hardattackmag.com)
- 2015 Headfirst Entertainment: Album Reviewer
- 2015 WriterAccess: Content Writer
- 2010-2013 Utah Jazz: Official Blogger, articles now archived (utahjazz.com)
- 2008-2010 Pageant Webzine: Reviewer/Interviewer (pageantzine.tumblr.com)
- 2006-2016 The Utah Independent Living Center: Writer/Editor of The Wasatch Scope. Published 4 times/year; Managing editor of Importance of Being Visible (importanceofbeingvisible.tumblr.com)
- Review: Audio Poets, Make a Scene (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Review: Sick Puppies, Fury (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- News Release: Sick Puppies, Stick To Your Guns Video (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Review: Dorothy, RockIsDead (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Article: Queensryche’s Rage for Order Turns 30 (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Review: Fable Cry, We’ll Show You where the Monsters Are (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Review: Conquest, Under the Influence (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- When She Speaks I Hear the Revolution (Vol. 3) 102 (Poem)
- Review: Sonic Syndicate, Confessions (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Review: SOV, Aklamerad Kalamitet (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Review: Flotsam and Jetsum, Flotsam and Jetsum (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Review: Eden’s Curse, Cardinal (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Review: Evergrey, The Storm Within (For Hard Attack Magazine)
- Interview: Tad Morose (For HeadFirst Entertainment)
- Review: John Taglieri, True Believer (For HeadFirst Entertainment)
- Review: Trevor Hall, Kala (vegawriters.com)
- Review: The Secret VI, Mixed Episode (For HeadFirst Entertainment)
- When She Speaks, I Hear Her Revolution (HowlRound.Com)
- Interview: Nick Roberts, October Rage (vegawriters.com)
- Review: Thundermother, Road Fever (For HeadFirst Entertainment)
- Review: Tad Morose, St. Demonius (For HeadFirst Entertainment)
- Intersections: Pirouettes (Monologue; Presented by Art Access; Performed by Appio Hunter)
2014 Desert Wanderings: Counting (Poem)
2012 When She Speaks I Hear the Revolution (Vol. 2) Counting (Poem)
- When She Speaks I Hear the Revolution (Vol 1) Protection (Short Story)
- Utah Freedom Writers: The Chance to Be Humiliation (Poem)
- The Best of Salt Lake Crones Hollow (Article)
- In The Snake Magazine Lighthouse (Short Story)
- Yahoo!Sports Ball Don’t Lie What They Need … (archived)
2010 Q Salt Lake: Salt Lake City’s Gay and Lesbian Independent Paper, Sins of the Father (Excerpt from: Shadows in the Spotlight)
2009 The Breast Dialogues 40D (Performance with the Utah Pride Center)
2008-2010 Pageant Zine 33 articles and interviews, now archived.
2006-2016 The Wasatch Scope 4 issues per year, Writer/Editor.
2015 Utah Pride Festival; Sexual Fluidity Matters
2016 Queer Continuum Conference: Queer Writers; Discussion of queer representation in literature.
- Queer Continuum Conference: Lobbying is Not a Dirty Word; Discussion regarding best practices in advocacy, activism, and strategy for political movements.
- QPR Training: Utah Independent Living Center Staff; Suicide Prevention
- QPR Training: Utah Independent Living Center Consumers; Suicide Prevention
- QPR Training: Utah Pride Center, 1 to 5 Club; Suicide Prevention
- Utah Pride Festival: Dyke, Trans*, Sexually Fluid, Poly Rally; Speech on B+ Erasure
2011 Association of Independent Living in Utah Annual Conference; Advocacy in Motion; Training for Statewide IL Staff on how to best advocate for consumers.
- Association of Independent Living in Utah Annual Conference; Selling America on Disability through Popular Culture; Presentation for Statewide IL Staff regarding disability representation in mainstream media.
- Salt Lake Community College: Annual Conference on Writing & Social Justice; Selling America on Disability through Popular Culture; Presentation at Salt Lake Community College regarding disability representation in mainstream media.
2009 The Utah Pride Center: 40D; Performance of The Breast Dialogues.
2016 Salt Lake County Aging & Adult Services: Facebook Page Editor
- United Author’s Association: Charter Member
- Queer Continuum Conference: Conference Chair
2015-present Sick Puppies World Crew: Band Ambassador; Facebook Team Lead; Ambassamentor Team.
2008-present Salt Lake City Writers Group: Moderator/Coordinator; group of amateur and published writers.
2005-present Utah’s 1 to 5 Club: Coordinator for B+ Community Group, affiliated with the Utah Pride Center.
2000-2002 North Carolina Pagan Pride: Steering Committee Member
2006-2012 Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah; English Major.
1997-1998 University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas; Communications Major.
1994-1997 Kearns High School, Kearns, Utah.