Shauna K. Brock
- 2011 Honorable Mention for Unpublished Novel, Shadows in the Spotlight, 53rd Annual Writing Contest, Utah Arts Council
- 2017 2nd Place for unpublished novel, The Evidence of Damage, 59th Annual Writing Contest, Utah Arts Council/Utah Division of Arts and Museums, Literary Arts
- 2016-2017 Hard Attack Magazine: Reviewer/Interviewer/Editor (hardattackmag.com)
- 2015 Headfirst Entertainment: Album Reviewer
- 2015 WriterAccess: Content Writer
- 2010-2013 Utah Jazz: Official Blogger, articles now archived (utahjazz.com)
- 2008-2010 Pageant Webzine: Reviewer/Interviewer (pageantzine.tumblr.com)
- 2006-2016 The Utah Independent Living Center: Writer/Editor of The Wasatch Scope. Published 4 times/year; Managing editor of Importance of Being Visible (importanceofbeingvisible.tumblr.com)
- Intersections II
- Launch of Patreon Page: patreon.com/vegawriters
- Publication of:
- Shadows in the Spotlight
- Jared’s Obituary
- Assorted blog posts and character breakdowns.
- Publication of:
- For Hard Attack Magazine:
- Album Review: Derek Davis, Revolutionary Soul
- Album Review: Witchery, In His Infernal Majesty’s Service
- Album Review: Dark Tranquility, Atoma
- Album Review: Evergrey, The Storm Within
- Album Review: Eden’s Curse, Cardinal
- Live Review: Cheap Trick, Joan Jett, Heart
- Album Review: Sonic Syndicate, Confessions
- Album Review: Audio Poets, Make a Scene
- Album Review: Sick Puppies, Fury
- News Release: Sick Puppies, Stick To Your Guns Video
- Album Review: Dorothy, RockIsDead
- Article: Queensryche’s Rage for Order Turns 30
- Album Review: Fable Cry, We’ll Show You Where The Monsters Are
- Album Review: Conquest, Under the Influence
- Album Review: SOV, Aklamerad Kalamitet
- Review: Flotsam and Jetsum, Flotsam and Jetsum
- When She Speaks I Hear the Revolution (Vol. 3)
- 102 (Poem)
- HeadFirst Entertainment:
- Interview: Tad Morose
- Album Review: John Taglieri, True Believer
- Review: The Secret IV, Mixed Episode
- Album Review: Thundermother, Road Fever
- Album Review: Tad Morose, St. Demonius
- Album Review: Trevor Hall, Kala
- Interview: Nick Roberts, October Rage
- When She Speaks, I Hear Her Revolution
- Desert Wanderings
- Counting (Poem)
- When She Speaks I Hear the Revolution (Vol. 2)
- Counting (Poem)
- When She Speaks I Hear the Revolution (Vol 1)
- Protection (Short Story)
- Utah Freedom Writers: The Chance to Be
- Humiliation (Poem)
- The Best of Salt Lake Crones Hollow (Article)
- In The Snake Magazine
- Lighthouse (Short Story)
- Yahoo!Sports Ball Don’t Lie
- What They Need … (archived)
- Q Salt Lake: Salt Lake City’s Gay and Lesbian Independent Paper
- Sins of the Father (Excerpt from: Shadows in the Spotlight)
2009 The Breast Dialogues 40D (Performance with the Utah Pride Center)
2008-2010 Pageant Zine 33 articles and interviews, now archived.
2006-2016 The Wasatch Scope 4 issues per year, Writer/Editor.
2015 Utah Pride Festival; Sexual Fluidity Matters
2017 Utah Pride Festival Conference: Queer Literary Panel; Discussion of queer representation in literature.
- Queer Continuum Conference: Queer Writers; Discussion of queer representation in literature.
- Utah Pride Festival Conference: Bi Representation in the Media
- Appearance on The Bi Cast podcast
- Appearance on KRCL 90.1 regarding Bisexual Visibility
- Queer Continuum Conference: Lobbying is Not a Dirty Word; Discussion regarding best practices in advocacy, activism, and strategy for political movements.
- QPR Training: Utah Independent Living Center Staff; Suicide Prevention
- QPR Training: Utah Independent Living Center Consumers; Suicide Prevention
- QPR Training: Utah Pride Center, 1 to 5 Club; Suicide Prevention
- Utah Pride Festival: Dyke, Trans*, Sexually Fluid, Poly Rally; Speech on B+ Erasure
2011 Association of Independent Living in Utah Annual Conference; Advocacy in Motion; Training for Statewide IL Staff on how to best advocate for consumers.
- Association of Independent Living in Utah Annual Conference; Selling America on Disability through Popular Culture; Presentation for Statewide IL Staff regarding disability representation in mainstream media.
- Salt Lake Community College: Annual Conference on Writing & Social Justice; Selling America on Disability through Popular Culture; Presentation at Salt Lake Community College regarding disability representation in mainstream media.
2009 The Utah Pride Center: 40D; Performance of The Breast Dialogues.
2016-present Salt Lake County Aging & Adult Services: Facebook Page Editor
- United Author’s Association: Charter Member
- Queer Continuum Conference: Conference Chair
2015-present Sick Puppies World Crew: Band Ambassador; Facebook Team Lead; Ambassamentor Team.
2008-present Salt Lake City Writers Group: Moderator/Coordinator; group of amateur and published writers.
2005-present Utah’s 1 to 5 Club: Coordinator for B+ Community Group, affiliated with the Utah Pride Center.
2000-2002 North Carolina Pagan Pride: Steering Committee Member
2006-2012 Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah; English Major.
1997-1998 University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas; Communications Major.
1994-1997 Kearns High School, Kearns, Utah.